About Darfur Informationa Center
With the current political violence in Darfur, and the
involvement of various political parties and ethnicities,
it's important to a have a comprehensive source that serves
as a gateway for the plethora of news on Darfur, and at
the same time to have educational and advocacy purposes.
The main objectives of Darfur Information Center is to achieve
- Provide balanced views and news about the current events
- Provide general information about Darfur history, culture,
geography, for Sudanese and non-Sudanese.
- Serve as an advocacy organization that promotes peaceful
co-existences between various ethnic groups of Darfur.
- Expose the atrocities and human rights abuses committed
by the Sudanese government, and various militia groups.
- Provide political solutions for the current political
turmoil in Darfur within a unified Sudan.
With all the news of the current violence, I believe the
ingredients for peaceful co-existence are greater than the
divisive elements exacerbated by outside forces for their
own external gains.
Ali B. Ali-Dinar,
University of Pennsylvania
African Studies Center
255 S 36th, Williams Hall
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6305
Phone + 00 (215) 898-6610
Fax + 00 (215) 573-7379